Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Century Wine Club – September

Its getting more difficult now – with >75 varieties down I'm moving into the edges of my knowledge.

In the last month I've had:

White
An Italian Wines from Campania made from Fiano/Falnghina/Greco grapes
A Tesco Sicilian Fiano
A Greco Di Tufa – Triplica
A Pinot Blanc (easy one this) Alsace. Kuhlmann-Platz. Caves de Hunawihr

Red
An Aglianico - Lava, Terre del vulcano. Beneventano region
A Negroamaro - Feudo Dei Tari, 2013
A Primitivo - Natale Verga,, Puglia 2014.

So thats 7 new varieties this month, and I still have a bottle of Furmint in the fridge. Next week I'm off to Madeira, so hopefully a couple of new varieties there, and in October we have Austrian wines at the Society – 2 or 3 more there I hope.

Total right now – 27/9 – 79 varieties.

No comments:

Post a Comment