Sunday, August 21, 2016

WIne Century Club

This is a fun idea I was introduced to by one of our speakers back in May (I think)
Its an online thing www.winecentury.com
 for people who have tried 100 different wine grape varieties, and others interested in the concept. Includes membership information and event listings.
They have a liist of varieties you can download with perhaps 300 varieties on there (I should count them)

So I set off in May, used the backlog of wine society wines since January and have got to about 60 right now. It starts getting tough past about 50, once you've done  Syrah, Chardonnay etc....
I'm going ot try giving monthly updates:
In the last month (August) I've been to the alps, so added

Roussette de Savoie
Jacquere (Apremont)
Mondeuse

Plus

Pinot Meiniure (Champagne - on the way to the Alps)
Godello - Portuguese (our August tasting)
Emir - Kavakidere Turkish Fizz from my wife's aunt (we may have given it to her!).
Catarratto - My daughter
Avesso - Portuguese (our August tasting)
Albariño -  Portuguese (our August tasting)

Total now 67 varieties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment