Monday, October 8, 2012

September - Wines of Virginia

Yes, that's Virginia in the USA.  James Dare of New Horizon Wines (jamesdare@newhorizonwines.com) presented a bunch of quite pricy wines from Virginia. Apparently its quite a decent sized wine area - there are something like 200 wineries on the guide he gave us, and I assume there must be more.
Anyway, the wine - 3 Whites, all Viognier, and 5 reds, Cabernet franc x 2, Petit Verdot and 2 blends. Prices ranged from £15 to £21 per bottle. I'd like to say it was all great, but I can't say as I'd just hd my Tonsils out the previous week and could not really taste a thing. However, from all the slurping and general yum yum sounds, I think they hit the spot generally.
Are they worth the money? Thats for you to decide - they are available through new horizon wines, so if you want to try some, contact them direct. www.newhorizonwines.com

No comments:

Post a Comment